Delivery for In-Store Purchases
At Amherst Supply, we aim to provide convenient same or next-day delivery service at a fair and affordable price. Please contact us for pricing.
We will make every reasonable effort to place your product as close as possible to where it is to be used, extra services (including but not limited to, the placement of product anywhere other than where it can be placed via flatbed truck or directly off load from the truck) will acquire additional charges.
Clear communication by our customers regarding specific delivery concerns and situations at point of order is immensely helpful in ensuring a successful delivery experience.
Returns for In-Store Purchases
The return of regularly stocked items is accepted within 30 days of original purchase subject to the following terms and conditions.
- All returns must be accompanied by the original receipt, in the original packaging, unused and in good condition. We cannot offer returns for special order items, items marked final sale, or items sold more than 30 days previous.
- Lumber and panel items must not be cut, weathered, or show any sign of use to receive credit. It is the customer's responsibility to report any quality issues with lumber within 24 hours of purchase.
- Amherst Supply has the right to refuse refunds for lumber and panel items after 7 days of purchase.
- Refunds will be issued by the original method of payment. If the payment was made by cheque, the refund will be subject to a 21-day waiting period from the time of original purchase, after which a company cheque will be given to the customer to complete the refund process.
- Returns of large quantities may take up to 5 business days to process due to verification procedures
If you require a pickup of returns from your jobsite, pickup fees plus a handling charge may apply.
In-Store Special Order Policy
We can special order your item if it is not a regularly stocked product, subject to the following policies:
- All special orders are subject to a minimum 50% Deposit at the time of order.
- No returns will be accepted on special orders or non-stocked merchandise.
- All special-order items and deposits are non-refundable.
- Once a special order is placed with our suppliers, it cannot be cancelled.
- We are not responsible for production delays or other unforeseen circumstances that delay delivery of any special order. We will provide an estimate of the lead time required for your item to come in as accurately as possible; however, we cannot guarantee a lead time in any case.
- Once a special order "non-stock" item is delivered to us, we will promptly call to set-up delivery/pick-up. Amherst Supply cannot hold special order non-stocked items. If a special order non-stock item cannot be picked up or delivered within 7 days, Amherst Supply will not be held responsible for anything that happens to the order/items thereafter.
Special Order Claims
- DAMAGE claims, or claims for MISSING PRODUCT must be made within 24 hours of delivery. Pictures may be required in the event of defects/damages before a claim can be authorized.
- CONCEALED DAMAGE must be reported within 48 hours of delivery, and the product must be returned in original undamaged packaging.
Customers will be asked to sign a form acknowledging our special order policies and that they have reviewed the order for accuracy.